Monday, June 21, 2010

J C Kiwanuka fare thee well (weraba) - Testimonies


What i did not succeed in getting form the Late J C Kiwanuka
Information concerning J C Kiwanuka was basically got using questionnaires. The 2nd questionnaire which I gave to him early 2009 had 65 question to which he genuinely responded in his own hand writing. I had given him the 1st one when I worked on the SMACK Centenary Magazine as editor. He responded to this quite well and the answers were the basis for over 80% i covered in that magazine concerning him. The 2nd questionnaire was delivered after I had informed Old Boys of SMACk that he was making 90 years in 2009 July. Initially there was excitement. I informed J C that Old Boys wanted to appreciate his services and hence some of them had agreed that the year 2009 be in his honour. Given this, J C was happy and hence responded to the questions given promptly and it is these two questionnaires that form the basis of much of the information we know about the Late great teacher. When I got the answers i realised i needed some more information. I submitted a 3rd questionnaire. at this time of submission, J C had recieved conflicting information and he told me that no body in the Executive of the Old Boys had told him of any function in his honour, he however said would welcome any effort to appreciate his works. The questionnaire response was not got. The old man was equally frustrated by the fact that Mr Sentoogo had managed to fence the bigger part of his plot, unfortunately, he realised that complition of the work as expected from other Old boys was not forthcoming.
What was in the questionnaire to which I did not get a reply was the clan name of the late J C Kiwanuka. Kiwanuka is not a clan name in Buganda; and being that he belongs (Mamba clan). As of now, I assume that J C's clan name may be starting with K as in the tables of scholarship beneficiaries.

Information concerning J C Kiwanuka's death
At 0958 hrs local time on Sunday 13, June 2010, I got a call that J C Kiwanuka had passed on. This was about 14 hours since he breathed his last. Shortly after the bad news, I realised that I had to inform Old Boys of SMACK. Unfortunately, in the trading centre, there was no cafe with functioning connectivity. I traveled 2 miles away and that is where I was able to get someone on orange as UTL connection was not functioning, and hence informed a few whose addresses I have.
Patrick Oyulu posted the information below on Facebook:
Subject: JC Kiwanuka is Dead...
After 50 years of service in St. Mary's College Kisubi, news filtering in indicate that the renowned Mathematics teacher JC KIWANUKA is dead.
This is has been posted on Willy Kituuka's blog and we are yet to get all the details.
Willy kindly fill us in with the details....
JC, you taught us and I appreciate what you did to shape our futures...and I can vividly recall yo statement about some students who only like "Yeating...yeating (he meant EATING, EATING)...and yes we had a good laugh then.
There will never be another you, another Fr. Kuipers, another Bro Katanga, another Bro Bosco or Bro Kakinda...
You lived your Life to the fullest, now rest in peace.
May JC Kiwanuka's soul rest in Eternal Peace..

No comments:

Post a Comment