Monday, June 21, 2010

J C Kiwanuka fare thee well (weraba) - Testimonies


What I did not succeed in getting form the Late J C Kiwanuka
Information concerning J C Kiwanuka was basically got using questionnaires. The 2nd questionnaire which I gave to him early 2009 had 65 question to which he genuinely responded in his own hand writing. I had given him the 1st one when I worked on the SMACK Centenary Magazine as editor. He responded to this quite well and the answers were the basis for over 80% I covered in that magazine concerning him. The 2nd questionnaire was delivered after I had informed Old Boys of SMACk that he was making 90 years in 2009 July. Initially there was excitement. I informed J C that Old Boys wanted to appreciate his services and hence some of them had agreed that the year 2009 be in his honour. Given this, J C was happy and hence responded to the questions given promptly and it is these two questionnaires that form the basis of much of the information we know about the Late great teacher. When I got the answers i realised i needed some more information. I submitted a 3rd questionnaire. at this time of submission, J C had recieved conflicting information and he told me that no body in the Executive of the Old Boys had told him of any function in his honour, he however said would welcome any effort to appreciate his works. The questionnaire response was not got. The old man was equally frustrated by the fact that Mr Sentoogo had managed to fence the bigger part of his plot, unfortunately, he realised that complition of the work as expected from other Old boys was not forthcoming.
What was in the questionnaire to which I did not get a reply was the clan name of the late J C Kiwanuka. Kiwanuka is not a clan name in Buganda; and being that he belongs (Mamba clan). As of now, I assume that J C's clan name may be starting with K as in the tables of scholarship beneficiaries.


No comments:

Post a Comment